A while back, probably 2013 or so, I had A clear day that took me by surprise! I was shocked because I was so used to fighting with the negative thoughts running through my head. The truth is however, we’re not meant to be that way, it just happens because we get in the habit of thinking negatively.
It’s time to break that habit!
When you can have a clear day, it should be celebrated..heck…even a clear moment should be celebrated!
Here’s what it looks like…
I was on my morning commute, returning from dropping my boys off at school, when I realized that my head was clear and I was at peace.
Now, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the concept, here is a example of the kinds of thoughts that ramble around in my head when it is “clear”
- “C’mon and lead me on, tease me all night long, loving you I know is right, don’t ever….da da…I really need you, ‘cmon and lead me on, tease me all night long,”
- I need to call Mom
- Oh yeah, I need to get that paperwork done…
- (out loud I say) I gotta brush my teeth
- (back in my head, giggling)…all these thoughts and that’s what I say out loud?
- Maybe I should blog about….c’mon truck, move your ass, I gotta get over
- I’m gonna have a truck again one day, I love trucks
- Oh! My new Kindle Fire is gonna be here today…yay!
I know, it’s fascinating…especially that Maxine Nightingale song from 19…seventy something, (that I can’t seem to get out of my head). But that’s not my point. My point is that the thoughts that are absent on a clear day.
- so and so is an asshole
- I can’t believe he did that, I’m so pissed
- God, I’m pathetic, I shouldn’t be pissed off at people…
- what the hell was I thinking?
- It’s my own damn fault for getting myself into this
- I hate my life, I can’t stand this anymore
(Note from 2019 me…Those kinds of thoughts need to be attended to! Those thoughts lead you down the rabbit hole and keep you stuck. Those kinds of thoughts are the ones that we work to eliminate, because you can’t manifest the life you desire if you leave them unattended. This is where most of the WORK in manifesting and learning about Universal Law is done. )
(And now back to 2013 me)
I remember talking to a group of women once and I asked each of them to tell me what they loved about themselves.
Each of them was hard pressed to do so.
I offered them an “out”, I told them that if they couldn’t think of something, they could tell me what others loved about them, but then they had to own it.
When it was my turn, I listed off a few things and I said that I really love myself…even the quirky, funky, not so good parts. They all looked at me as though I was a bit crazy and told me how lucky I was.
Luck, my dears, had nothing to do with it.
It was, and, at times, continues to be, hard work.
The good news is that the hard work pays off. And the result is that you get to have a clear day. Even better, with practice, you’ll find that you have more and more clear days. And before ya know it, you can breathe and you will know that whatever calamity comes your way, can be managed. You find peace.
It’s not a pipe dream…it’s doable.
What I want you to know today, dear friend, is that you don’t have to beat yourself up.
Begin by considering that the negative thoughts that pop into your head are lies. They are worthy of your scrutiny. Don’t accept them as fact. And definitely don’t listen to them! You are an amazing human being just the way you are!
Leave some room in your head for silly love songs from the 70’s…it’s a much better use of space.
Need help clearing out the stuff in your head? Contact me and let’s get you on your way to a clear day!